Saturday, August 7, 2010

New Toy

I know I should not have started that subscription to a running magazine. It was only $10 for a one year, but I should have known it would end up costing me much more. I just could not resist that watch with a built-in GPS receiver that was advertised on the last page of the first issue I received.

But that watch is really cool! Of course it tells the time, as well as how long I ran. But, in addition, you guessed it, it tells you with great accuracy how far you ran. And then, when you download the runs into their website, it gives you your pace for each mile, your elevation changes, and it shows your exact path via Google maps. And it even shows the pace at each moment of your run! So now Pam is calling me a geek, but I can live with that given how cool this watch is.

The watch is made by Garmin, the car GPS people. I'm sure there are lots of other companies making similar watches, I know I saw an ad for one by Timex. But be assured, I still run in t-shirts and cheap shorts from Marshalls. I promise I won't buy those $15 socks that they say are so special...but good sneakers are another story!

No comments:

Post a Comment