Friday, February 12, 2010

And Even More Snow...

Ok, the first snow storm was kind of cool. But again and again?

So in preparation for the upcoming snow, I started and warmed up my second (smaller and older) snow blower. I put fresh gas in it and it started on the second pull. Since I had this snow blower in the shop over the summer to have it prepped for the winter, I wasn't surprised that it started easily. Not surprised, but still relieved.

So the snow starts Tuesday night and just keeps on coming. I go out Wednesday morning to snow blow the sidewalk and driveway. Being cocky because of the easy snow blower start the day before, I fill up the tank and pull on the starter rope. And I pull and I pull. And pull some more. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Then I notice gas leaking from the carburetor. I never did get to use this snow blower during the storm. For those of you counting, that makes two broken snow blowers in one week.

That meant shoveling. Five hours of shoveling. Two hours in the morning, two hours in the afternoon, and then one hour just prior to bed time. For anybody that had to do something similar, I have one word for you: ibuprofen. And if you want to do it right, take the ibuprofen before you start working, not after.

I actually don't mind shovelling. It's nice to do something and see immediate results. But then again, as soon as a path was cleared, it was covered again with fresh snow. But it was a truly beautiful snow, just too much of it.

Can you believe they are calling for another three to six inches of snow next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment